Friday, January 22, 2016

Questions and Updates regarding PLP work

This week we have done a pretty good job updating our goals, showing evidence of progress and blogging about what the evidence is showing.  Later in the day, I was thinking about the kids and this work and what it will look like as they go forward.  What DOES it look like when they get to middle school.  I have been under the assumption (maybe incorrectly so) that all students through high school will have blogs and PLP sites.  What if they get to 7th grade and they have no opportunity to continue with all of the work they've done in 5th and 6th grade?  I HOPE there is a continuum of this work.

I asked my son, a 7th grader at Harwood, what he is doing for PLP work and he said working on biographies.  He said that he does not have a blog or a site.   He didn't know what I was talking about.  I can see how a biography could fit easily into an "All About Me" section of a PLP, but I'm wondering if it ever will.

So.... Does all of this change once students leave Moretown School?  I have sat a conferences with families explaining that this work will stick with kids - will grow and change as kids grow and change.   Is what I'm saying true???  I hope so....

No comments:

Post a Comment